Writing & Talking about the History of Fashion
- ‘Christmas jumpers: The REAL reason why Brits wear garish knits on the big day’, interview with Express.co.uk.
- ‘Through a Glass, lightly’ History Today, 66:9 (September, 2016).
- Vogue 100 ‘After Hours’. Interviewing British Vogue editors at The National Portrait Gallery before a studio audience. Herewith Creative Director Jaime Perlman.
- ‘Heritage: A Paradox and a Potential’. A talk for Rising Minds in which I consider the appeal of heritage for companies and consumers and how to create it in a contemporary context (January, 2016).
- ‘The Siege of Kenilworth: The Fall and Rise of the British Castle’, The Essay, BBC Radio 3 (January 2015). Click to listen.
- ‘Fashion Through the Decades’, Salisbury Fashion Week (September, 2013).
- ‘Who was the best-dressed Briton in History?’ in BBC History Magazine (October, 2013).